Starting a campaign is as easy as 1-2-3
Step 1: Set up your campaign
- Decide what you are doing for the fundraiser.
- Pick a team name, and choose a photo.
- Create your online fundraising page.
- Now you’re ready to start raising money to help Canadians with food allergies live better.
Step 2: Spread the news – tell everyone about your fundraiser and ask them to support you
Once you’ve created your campaign, you should spread the news and make sure everyone knows what you are doing and why you are doing it. The more people you tell, the faster you’ll reach your goal. You’ll even be able to email your friends and family directly from your fundraising page, and invite them back often to cheer you on as you reach your goal.
Step 3: Feel amazing about the change you are helping to create
After your campaign is over, you can feel good knowing that the money you raised will go directly towards our advocacy, education, and awareness programs so Canadians with food allergies can live more confidently. And if the people who supported you donated $20 or more, we’ll send them a tax receipt.
Once your fundraising is complete, mail all cheques for the funds you raised to: Food Allergy Canada, 505 Consumers Road, Suite 507, Toronto, ON, M2J 4V8. Or you can submit your funds online with your online fundraising page.
Bonus step: Make sure you let us know about your event and how it went by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may even feature your fundraising efforts on our website! Don’t forget photos and videos!
Tools and resources to help you with your fundraising
Let us help you with your event, here’s what we provide:
- Event planning advice, just contact us.
- A letter of support for your event
- Educational materials for your event, like information sheets, posters, stickers, and other materials
- The official Food Allergy Canada logo for you to use on your promotional materials, just contact us to request the logo.
- If possible, we’ll do our best to provide a representative at your event to present or be there to answer questions