Follow these tips on engaging with your MP
- Share your story with them about how food allergy impacts you, your family, and the community around you, like schools, work, friends.
- Ask if they have a personal connection to food allergy.
- Educate them and share our one-page food allergy facts sheet, or direct them to foodallergycanada.ca to learn more.
- Let them know that food allergy has been overlooked as a serious medical condition for too long and it’s time that the federal government gave this medical condition the attention it deserves.
- Ask them to support the 2021 budget submission and to encourage their colleagues in the Standing Committee on Finance to invite Food Allergy Canada and the CSACI to present an oral testimony during the upcoming consultation hearings.
- Tell them about the National Food Allergy Action Plan, that was launched by Food Allergy Canada and the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (CSACI). The Plan outlines a comprehensive approach to reducing the impact of food allergy and improving the quality of life for the more than 3 million Canadians, including yourself, living with this medical condition.
- If an MP wants to speak with you further about the 2021 budget submission or the National Food Allergy Action Plan, we would be happy to join you in a call. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the email/letter template below that you can personalize.
For any questions you may have on the National Food Allergy Action Plan, contact us at email@example.com, or call 1 866 785-5660.