We are a nationally registered charity that depends on your donations to educate, support, and advocate for the more than 3 million Canadians with food allergy. If everyone reading this page donated just $10 each, it would transform the organization and the lives of those with food allergy. Please give.
Support us during this time
We are reliant on your generous contributions to be able to continue our sustainable educational programming, advocate for change, and provide life-changing support.
Unfortunately, with this current crisis due to the COVID-19 pandemic, funding has become unstable for the coming years, making your support even more important at this time. Without support, key programs, and our advocacy efforts will be impacted, including:
Education and support
- The newly diagnosed program so families and individuals get the support and education they need right from the critical point of getting this life-changing diagnosis. More than 3 million Canadians, including 500,000 children, are affected by food allergy. Through this transformational program, they will learn how to manage this new medical condition and ways to confidently adapt their lives.
- Having an integrated school curriculum program to educate the next generation of children, while promoting inclusivity and empathy towards this medical condition.
- Our online youth mentorship program, Allergy Pals/Allies, where kids 7-15 years of age are empowered to confidently manage their food allergy through increased education, support, and peer engagement.
- Global food safety advocacy, specifically around accurate ingredient disclosure through improved food allergen labelling. Everyone has a right to know what’s in their food, but for those with food allergy it’s a necessity to staying safe.
- Continuing to elevate food allergy as a public health priority through the National Food Allergy Action Plan.
- Raising awareness of the psychosocial impacts of this condition, including identifying gaps in the current mental health landscape and calling for increased patient support. This includes looking at ways to manage food allergy anxiety, reduce bullying (currently, 1-in-3 kids with food allergy report being bullied because of their food allergy), and how to live more confidently.
Help us ensure we can continue doing this important work now and well into the future. Please donate now.
CRA Charity Registration Number: 88720 8676 RR0001
Additional ways your donations will make a significant difference:
Only 45% of Canadians say they would know what to do if they saw someone having an allergic reaction. There is a lack of understanding as to the seriousness of this medical condition, and there is confusion between food intolerance and food allergy. Your $50 donation will help us to build awareness campaigns and educate others.
Close to 500,000 children across Canada have food allergies. Help us teach and support these families when they receive this life-changing diagnosis. Your $30 donation can help provide parents with critical education and personalized support.
Teens are at a higher risk for a food-induced anaphylactic reaction. Help us educate kids with our online mentorship programs, a $50 donation will help us support one child.
We have medically-reviewed and content rich resources to help you navigate the world of food allergy and to live more confidently. Help us to continue providing these free resources to 3 million Canadians impacted by food allergy. A $50 donation helps us to sustain these programs.
You can also call us at 1 866 785-5660 to make your donation over the phone. You will receive a tax receipt for donations of $20 and above.
Consider becoming a monthly donor
Make an ongoing impact on all of our initiatives by becoming a monthly donor. For $25/month, which is less than $0.85 per day, your support will help to ensure we can advocate strongly across many different platforms on your behalf, provide education to the community, public, industry, and government on the seriousness of food allergy, and offer free personalized support to you and others when you need it.
Your monthly donations will make a significant impact in all areas of our work. Become a monthly donor today. Simply select “Monthly Gift” on the online donation form or call us at 1 866 785-5660.
Additional ways of giving
Consider the different ways that you can also support Food Allergy Canada such as:
Update your will to add Food Allergy Canada as a beneficiary. Plan today to continue making a big difference.
Have your organization add Food Allergy Canada as a charity of choice in your employee giving program.