- This event has passed.
Webinar: COVID-19 vaccines and kids with food allergy – what parents need to know
November 25, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
Update: Watch the webinar recording here.
What is the webinar about: With the approval of COVID-19 vaccines for kids 5-11 in Canada, join our discussion with our panel of experts to learn more and get answers to top questions. This session will provide you with the most up-to-date information from three experts to help inform your decisions on this important public health priority.
Hear from a panel of experts as they answer your questions, including:
- What are the vaccine options for 5-11-year-olds and who are they best suited for?
- How is Health Canada determining the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines for use in kids, including against the variants of concern?
- What are the impacts of the vaccine to kids with food allergy and those at risk of anaphylaxis?
- What are the side effects of the vaccines specific to children?
- If children do not frequently experience severe illness with COVID-19, why do they need to get the vaccine?
Who is presenting: This webinar will be moderated by Jennifer Gerdts, Executive Director, Food Allergy Canada and will feature the following experts:
Celia Lourenco: Celia holds a PhD in Pharmacology and has been the Director General of the Biologic and Radiopharmaceutical Drugs Directorate (BRDD) of the Health Products and Food Branch of Health Canada since November 2018. BRDD is the federal regulatory authority responsible for regulating a variety of drug products for the Canadian market, including vaccines. Celia is also the co-chair of the COVID-19 working group of the International Coalition of Medicines Regulatory Authorities.
Dr. Zain Chagla: Dr. Chagla specializes in infectious diseases, internal medicine, and tropical medicine.
Dr. Julia Upton: Dr. Upton is on staff at the Hospital for Sick Children in the Immunology and Allergy department; and is an Associate Professor in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto.
When is the webinar: November 25th, 2021 from 12pm-1pm EST
Register today, and please share with others so they can also benefit from this important information.