- This event has passed.
Webinar: Cow’s milk protein allergy in babies: what is it and how to manage it
November 17, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
Update: Watch the webinar recording here.
If a baby is extra fussy after eating and having stomach-related symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea, when do you need to consider cow’s milk protein allergy (CMPA) as the cause?
Find out what CMPA is and how it can be managed through our informative and educational webinar on this medical condition. You’ll gain a better understanding of it along with practical management strategies that families can follow from two expert guest speakers, an allergist and a registered dietitian. A Q&A will follow where you can ask questions, plus, you can submit your questions upon registration. This session is sponsored by Mead Johnson Nutrition (Canada) Co.
You will learn:
- What this type of milk allergy is in babies
- How common is CMPA
- What are the signs/symptoms of it
- How is CMPA diagnosed and treated
- When it is outgrown and how to find out
- How to discuss daily management of CMPA with families
- The roles of an allergist and dietitian in helping to support management
Who is presenting:
- Dr. Julia Upton, a Canadian allergist who is on staff at the Hospital for Sick Children in the Immunology and Allergy department; and is an Associate Professor in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto. She is the past Section Chair of the Anaphylaxis and Food Allergy Section of the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. Dr. Upton is also a member of Food Allergy Canada’s Healthcare Advisory Board.
- Ahuva Magder, a registered dietitian who manages a private practice with a special focus on paediatric health; and also supports community paediatric clinics. She has previously worked as a clinical research dietitian in the Food Allergy Program at the Hospital for Sick Children.
When is the webinar: Wednesday, November 17 from 12pm-1pm EST.
Who should attend: This webinar is for anyone interested in this topic. Healthcare providers will receive a certificate of attendance after the webinar.